Thanks to: Ian Bullock, Bondy, Dave McCann & The Near Post for all your help.

Contact us HERE

Follow the Terrors on Facebook and Twitter

Home The Club Season History Fanzone

Members of the Bostick (Isthmian) Football league - Premier Division

Tuesday 29th November 2017

Surrey Senior Cup



Corinthian Casuals



A Tooting side containing many of the club’s successful Under 23 side produced a good performance to progress into the second round of the County Cup. The winning goal came in the 12th minute when Elijah Simpson latched onto a through ball and slotted home past former Tooting keeper Danny Bracken.

In the second half the visitors put on a bit of late pressure and Terrors keeper Liam Sallis acquitted himself well  in making a couple of fine stops the one from Shaun Brown being the pick of the bunch. The Casuals also had a goal-bound effort cleared off the line. Tooting battled hard but could not add to theirlead but could be very pleased with their evenings work on a very cold night.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd : Liam Sallis, Tope Fadahunsi, Eric Mbangui, Eddie Dines(Hussein Siklawi), Sol Patterson-Bohner, Charles Allechi, Isaiah Jones, Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Elijah Simpson(Mike Dixon). Jordan Wilson, Shamal

Edwards(Danny Bassett). Unused subs Stefan Ilic, Serg Zamara.

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 2nd December

Bostick Premier



Lowestoft Town

O.G, Clements


Lowestoft Town recorded their first ever league victory against Tooting & Mitcham as the Terrors went down to a disappointing 5-2 defeat. United went close in the 24th minute when Peter Wedgeworth’s free-kick was headed across

goal by Quincy Rowe to Eddie Dines whose headed was tipped over by Ben Dudzinski. Ten minutes later Tooting looked to have taken the lead when Mike Dixon charged down the keeper’s clearance and went onto to score but the

referee adjudged Mike to have handled the ball. In the 44th minute Nico Cotton clipped the crossbar for Lowestoft but in first half stoppage time Town opened their account when Sam Borrer headed in a Nico Cotton corner.


In the 52nd minute Tooting got back on level terms when after a fine free flowing move involving several players Town defender Harry Barker turned a dangerous cross  into  his own net. Seven minutes later the visitors went back

in front when Matthew Foy netted from a corner. Midway through the half Town increased their lead further,  Shaun Bammant hooking in a pin-point cross from the left. Fifteen minutes from time it was 4-1 Matthew Foy firing home

from close range and soon after a defensive mix up gifted the Trawler Boys their fifth goal Shaun Bammant the scorer. In stoppage time Peter Wedgeworth played in Dan Clements who reduced the arrears with a good finish.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Matte Pierson, Tope Fadahunsi(Isaiah Jones), Peter Wedgeworth, Eddie Dines, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Quincy Rowe(Sam Flegg), Danny Bassett, Chace O’Neill, Mike Dixon, Omar Folkes(Dan Clements),Dominic Morgan-Griffiths. Unused subs Charles Allechi, Shamal Edwards.

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 16th December

Bostick Premier




Dixon(2), Clements(2)


Tooting turned in a superb second half display scoring four times to take the points on a cold and wet afternoon. In the early exchanges Peter Wedgeworth went close with a free-kick as did Mike Dixon with a couple of efforts. In the 37th minute ex Tooting striker Charlie Stimson forced an excellent save from Matte Pierson as his shot looked destined for the net. A minute later a fine free flowing move involving several players ended with Dominic Morgan-Griffiths just missing the target. In the last action of the first half Mike Dixon played in Isaiah Jones who was through on goal but fired just wide.


Two minutes after the break Matte Pierson made the save of the match to keep out Charlie Stimson’s goal bound strike. In the 53rd minute Tooting opened the scoring when Mike Dixon latched onto a through ball and fired home. Four minutes later the lead was doubled when Mike Dixon turned in an Isaiah Jones cross from close range. Midway through the half  Tooting added a third when Dan Clements curled in an unstoppable shot after Mike Dixon had been involved in the build up.

Tooting’s fourth goal came ten minutes from time when Chace O’Neill played a ball into the path of Dan Clements who lifted it over the  advancing keeper into the net. Matte Pierson then made another terrific stop from Joel Brown-Bampoe but was finally beaten in stoppage time when from a Thurrock corner Claudio Ribeiro-Goncalves saw his header hit the bar but he was able to turn the rebound in for the visitors consolation goal.

This was an excellent win for the team and staff, there were some outstanding individual performances well done to all concerned.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Matte Pierson, Eddie Dines, Peter Wedgeworth, Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Sam Flegg, Quincy Rowe, Isaiah Jones(Victor Lazari), Chace O’Neill(Ollie Bennett), Mike Dixon, Omar Folkes, Dan Clements(Jueven Spencer). Unused subs Danny Bassett, Callum McNaughton.

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Tuesday 26th December

Bostick Premier



Dulwich Hamlet



Dulwich Hamlet continued their impressive record of not losing a league match at the KNK Stadium by winning this Boxing Day encounter by three goals to one. The visitors opened the scoring in the 8th minute when Nathan Green made a good run down the left and scored with a fierce drive. In the 18th minute the Terrors had a chance to equalise when Mike Dixon’s excellent cross to the far post was met by Danny Bassett but was scrambled to safety by Hamlet keeper Preston Edwards.

This proved costly as Dulwich went straight down the other end and scored through Reise Allassani. Tooting then had a close range Isaiah Jones shot beaten out by the keeper and Omar Folkes following up had his effort cleared off the line. Matte Pierson made good saves to foil Nyren Clunis and Reise Allassani, in between Preston Edwards made a brilliant save to tip over Danny Bassett’s rocket drive which looked destined for the roof of the net. It was 3-0 after 41 minutes when Nyren Clunis netted

from close range


After the break Mike Dixon, Isaiah Jones and Chace O’Neill  all had shots saved as did Nyren Clunis for the visitors. In the 75th minute a stray Hamlet back pass looked destined for the net but the Dulwich goalie somehow managed to head it over for a corner crashing into the post in doing so. A minute later after a series of flag-kicks Tooting pulled a goal back when Sam

Flegg headed home Peter Wedgeworth’s corner. In reflection the game was an entertaining one played in very wet conditions but sadly the wrong result for the Terrors.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Matte Pierson, Sam Flegg, Peter Wedgeworth, Dominic Morgan-Griffiths(Ollie Bennett), Callum McNaughton(Juevan Spencer), Quincy Rowe, Isaiah Jones(Victor Lazari), Chace O’Neill, Mike Dixon,Omar Folkes, Danny Bassett. Unused subs Tope Fadahunsi, Charles Allechi

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 30th December

Bostick Premier




Dixon, Clements, Morgan-Griffiths


Tooting got their first ever League success against Merstham with a well deserved victory at a breezy KNK Stadium. The Terrors opened the scoring after just six minutes when Isaiah Jones played Mike Dixon in and he fired home from a tight angle. It took the visitors just four minutes to draw level when a cross from Alex Addai was headed in at the far post by Michael Abnett.

Soon after Danny Bassett had a powerful shot saved by Chris Haigh and IsaiahJones had a goal-bound effort superbly tipped over. Five minutes before the interval Chace O’Neill played a great cross field ball to Isaiah Jones whose fierce drive hit the bar and went over.


Eight minutes into the second half the Moatsiders defender Simon Cooper headed narrowly over from a corner and ex Terror Dean McDonald had a snap short saved by Matte Pierson.  Midway through the half United regained the lead when Danny Bassett played a slide rule pass into the path of Dan Clements who scored with aplomb. Quincy Rowe was then inches away with a third Tooting goal his header from a free-kick just going past the post. The Terrors clinched the points in the closing stages when a Peter Wedgeworth free-kick was cleared as far as Dominic Morgan-Griffiths who rifled in a fine goal from 20 yards out. This was an excellent team performance with every player putting in a real shift well done to them and the Management Team it was a great way to end the year.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Matte Pierson, Tope Fadahunsi, Peter Wedgeworth, Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Sam Flegg, Quincy Rowe, Isaiah Jones, Ollie Bennett(Ryan James), Mike Dixon(Dan Clements), Chace O’Neill(Omar Folkes), Danny Bassett. Unused subs Juevan Spencer, Victor Lazari

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Monday 1st January 2018

Bostick Premier





Tooting went into the game missing Mike Dixon and Dominic Morgan-Griffiths but welcomed back the popular Jake Baxter who had rejoined the club. It was Leatherhead who opened the scoring in the 15th minute when a cross from Sean Clohessy was turned in by Tom Derry from close range. The Tanners doubled their lead after 33 minutes with a goal from Jack Midson after Clohessy was again involved in the build up. Eight minutes before the break it

could have been 3-0 but Jerry Nnamani fired over when well placed.


Early in the second half the Terrors lost the services of Dan Clements through injury. The first chance after the interval fell to Sean Clohessy who fired acrossthe face of the goal. Tooting went close to pulling a goal back in the 68th minutewhen Jake Baxter hit the underside of the Leatherhead bar. Late in the game Matte Pierson made a superb stop to deny Tom Derry and at the other end Peter Wedgeworth was unlucky when his long range effort hit the post.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Matte Pierson, Tope Fadahunsi, Peter Wedgeworth, Ollie Bennett, Sam Flegg, Quincy Rowe, Isaiah Jones, Chace O’Neill(Omar Folkes), Jake Baxter, Danny Bassett(Juevan Spencer), Dan Clements(Ryan James). Unused subs Victor Lazari, Liam Sallis.

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 13th January 2018

Bostick Premier



Met Police


Tooting slipped to defeat but had enough chances to have won the game. The Terrors first effort on goal came in the second minute when Danny Bassett’s fierce shot was saved low down by Thomas Williams. Two minutes later a well worked move involving several players saw the ball fall to Juevan Spencer six yards out but he shot over. On the half-hour  the visitors had a chance when a deep cross to the far post found Gavin James but he headed wide.

The main talking point in the match came after 40 minutes when Mike Dixon chased a long ball and netted but was adjudged to have fouled a defender in doing so. A couple of minutes later Dixon was through on goal again but lobbed over.  In first half stoppage time Matte Pierson made a brilliant stop to tip over a Gavin James header.


After the break Tooting still carved out chances with Mike Dixon, Juevan Spencer and Danny Bassett all going close. However it was Met Police who opened the scoring in the 77th minute when a Tom Bird free-kick was headed home by Jonny Wright and a minute from time their new signing Alec Fiddes added a second after a solo run. In stoppage time United had yet another chance but Chace O’Neill blasted over. A frustrating afternoon with fans reflecting on what might  have been with so many openings created.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC : Matte Pierson, Joshua Jackman, Peter Wedgeworth, Eddie Dines, Sam Flegg, Quincy Rowe, Danny Bassett, Chace O’Neill, Mike Dixon, Omar Folkes(Dominic Morgan-Griffiths), Juevan Spencer(Isaiah Jones). Unused subs Ollie Bennett, Ryan James, Tope Fadahunsi.

Match Report by Ian Bullock