Thanks to: Ian Bullock, Bondy, Dave McCann & The Near Post for all your help.

Contact us HERE

Follow the Terrors on Facebook and Twitter

Home The Club Season History Fanzone

Members of the Bostick (Isthmian) Football league - Premier Division

Saturday 12th August

Bostick Premier



Brightlingsea Regent



The Terrors returned to the Isthmian League top flight after a gap of five seasons in what was a clash of last season’s North and South Champions. It was also the first ever meeting with Brightlingsea Regent. Tooting made the early running and Jake Baxter shot just wide after just two minutes. It was the visitors who went in front in the 26th minute when an Aaron Condon free-kick was not cleared and  the impressive Tom Richardson headed home. In the closing stages of the half Brightlingsea nearly added a second when Aaron Condon hit the post.


After the break it took just three minutes for United to draw level with a well worked goal, Juevan Spencer played a good ball  through to Jake Baxter on the right and his cross found  the waiting Billy Dunn who fired home from six yards. Both teams then could have won it Connor Witherspoon had a low drivewell saved by Kyle Merson and Billy Dunn equally fired in one of his long range specials which was superbly held by Sam Cowler going full length. Ollie Bennett was then inches away his effort just clearing the bar and Tom Richardson had a fierce drive clawed away by Kyle Merson. Summing up a very entertaining game played on an excellent playing surface and a draw was a fair result.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Kyle Merson, Juevan Spencer, Peter Wedgeworth, Kevin MacLaren, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Callum McNaughton, Ollie Bennett, Eddie Dines(Dominic Morgan-Griffiths), Jake Baxter, Billy Dunn, Sandy Cunningham(Danny Bassett). Unused subs Claudio Hoban, Danny Clements, Quincy Rowe.

The Ramble Inn Man of the Match was Kevin MacLaren

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Tuesday 14th August

Bostick Premier

Staines Town




Tooting went down to a heavy defeat against a very good Staines Town outfit. The home side took only four minutes to go in front when Peter Wedgeworth was adjudged to have fouled Mo Bettamer in the box, Kyle Merson made a good stop from the penalty but the ball broke loose and Elliott Buchanan scrambled home the rebound. Eight minutes later the home side went further ahead when Buchanan was sent clear and shot past Kyle Merson.

Things got worse midway through the half when Kevin McLaren was sent off after receiving a second yellow card. The Swans made it 3-0 just before the break when Mitchal Gough headed powerfully home from a Max Worsfold corner.


n the 50th minute Max Worsfold scored a brilliant individual goal picking the ball up just outside his own area he left several Tooting players in his wake and calmly tucked the ball under the body of Kyle Merson. Mo Bettamer then made it 5-0 in the 66th minute with a diving header.

Tooting kept battling away and Chace O’Neill worked an opening which was saved by Ashlee Jones. However it was Bettamer who completed the scoring in stoppage time when hehammered home from close range.

Tooting; Merson, Spencer (Adebowale), Wedgeworth, McNaughton (Rowe), Patterson-Bohner, MacLaren, Bennett, Clements, Bassett, Dunn, Cunningham(O’Neill) Unused; Morgan-Griffith, Dines

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 19th August

Bostick Premier





Dixon, Cunningham

Honours were even in this very entertaining Bostik Premier League encounter although the Terrors did finish the stronger team. The first chance fell to former Tooting favourite Reece Hall whose angled drive went just wide. United then went close through Billy Dunn and Mike Dixon.   In the 36th minute Kyle Merson had to be at his best to push away a goal-bound effort from Alex Addai. Four minutes before the break Billy Dunn had a chance when Chris Haigh dropped a free-kick but fired over. The last action of the first half saw Reece Hall have a shot cleared off the line.


After the interval there was no let up in the intensity of the play and Youssef Bamba saw his fierce drive crash against the woodwork for the Moatsiders.  In the 57th minute the Terrors broke the deadlock when Peter Wedgeworth’s   corner was knocked in by the returning Mike Dixon.  

Five minutes later the Terrors nearly  increased their lead  when Mike Dixon’s shot bounced  off the post. Midway through the second period Merstham  equalised  when Youssef Bamba was brought down in the box and Ryan Hall converted the spot kick. Back came the Terrors and a quickly taken free-kick found  Sandy Cunningham who slotted  home. Five minutes from time the home side were on level terms again when Dan Bennett fired in from just outside the box. Tooting then went close to winning it through Peter Wedgeworth and Ollie Bennett, as did  Ryan Hall for Merstham. The match was a credit to the league with both teams going for it

Tooting; Merson, Clements (Spencer), Wedgeworth, Patterson-bohner, Rowe, Dines, Maclaren (Bennett), O'Neill, Cunningham, Dunn, Dixon (Bassett) Unused : Hoban, McNaughton

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 26th August

Bostick Premier



Enfield Town


n the first ever meeting between the clubs it was Enfield who took the points following their 4-0 win at the KNK Stadium. Town had the better of the opening 25 minutes with Aaron Greene and Sam Youngs just off target with speculative efforts. The Terrors then came into the game and Sandy Cunningham headed over from six yards and Peter Wedgeworth had a free-kick well saved by visitors keeper Joe Wright.

Enfield took the lead in the 37th minute when Rob Bartley glanced home Sam Youngs free-kick. Just before the break Tooting had a couple of corners going close with both.


Two minutes after the break United were reduced to ten men when Peter Wedgeworth was shown a straight red card after being adjudged to have elbowed an opponent as they both went up for a high ball.  Midway through the half Dan Clements was brought down in the box but surprisingly the referee waved play on. Town then took full advantage as in their next attack a Kyle Merson clearance fell to Ryan Blake who advanced rounded the keeper and netted from a acute angle.

In the 72nd minute Drew Roberts latched onto a through ball and slotted home to make it 3-0 and soon after Simon Thomas made it four from close range. Aaron Greene then dragged a shot wide after rounding the keeper. The Terrors best effort came a minute from time when Mike Dixon brought out a superb low save from Joe Wright.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Kyle Merson, Dan Clements, Peter Wedgeworth, Eddie Dines, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Quincy Rowe, Ollie Bennett(Callum McNaughton), Chace O’Neill, Mike Dixon, Billy Dunn(Danny Bassett) Sandy Cunningham(Jake Baxter). Unused subs Juevan Spencer, Tenny Adebowale.   

Match Report by Ian Bullock

Monday 28th August

Bostick Premier

Dulwich Hamlet




Dunn (pen)

Tooting started the game very well and opened the scoring in the 6th minute when Dan Clements was brought down in the box after a mazy run Billy Dunn scoring from the spot. The remainder of the half saw the Terrors  defence  veryorganised denying  the home side any clear cut scoring opportunities.


After the break however Dulwich began to put on a lot of pressure but Peter Wedgeworth was just off target with a fierce cross shot in the 57th minute.

On the hour mark Dulwich  Hamlet  drew level when Kenny Beaney’s low free-kick somehow  went through the Tooting wall into the net. In their next attack the home side  went close when Dumebi Dumaka rattled the inside of the Terrors post. The woodwork came to Tooting’s rescue again in the 78th minute after a low strike from Muhammadu Faal, but soon after Dulwich got their winner when a Nyren Clunis cross was met by Beaney who rifled home.

Tenny Adebowale who had been introduced as a sub then had an effort saved and Dumaka saw his header hit the outside of the post. On a very hot afternoon Tooting gave a good account of themselves against a powerful Hamlet side and hopefully this will provide a platform for an  upturn in fortunes.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : Kyle Merson, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Peter Wedgeworth, Eddie Dines, Callum McNaughton, Quincy Rowe, Danny Bassett, Chace O’Neill(Dominic Morgan-Griffiths), Mike Dixon(Tenny Adebowale) Billy Dunn(Sandy Cunningham), Dan Clements. Unused subs Ollie Bennett, Jake Baxter.

Match Report by  Ian Bullock

Saturday 2nd September

FA Cup - 1st Qualifying Round




O’Neil, Baxter


Tooting progressed into the second qualifying round of the Emirates FA Cup with a deserved victory at the KNK Stadium and will be hoping they can revive former glories in the competition. It was the visitors who had the first real chance in the 11th minute when Ryan Hall was through on goal but debutant keeper Joe Tupper made a brilliant stop low down. Two minutes later they wentnear again when former Tooting man Reece Hall cut in from the left and shot across the face of goal.

The Terrors replied with a Mike Dixon header which was saved a long range strike from Billy Dunn which just went over and DannyBassett’s drive after a good build up was well held by Chris Haigh. United’s pressure paid off in the 42nd minute when Billy Dunn played the ball to Chace O’Neill who flicked it up and volleyed home a superb goal.


Five minutes after the break the impressive Dan Clements forced a fine stop after a good run down the left. In the 59th minute ex Terror Nathan Gordon saw his speculative volley pushed onto the bar by Joe Tupper and Quincy Rowe made a great tackle  to break up a dangerous  Merstham move  soon after. Danny Bassett was then unlucky having a  shot  cleared off the line and Mike Dixon was clean through but the keeper saved.

Tooting sealed their victory in the 81st minute when Dan Clements received the  ball from a corner  his cross played into the box wasn’t cleared and Jake Baxter was on hand to jubilantly fire home. New Terrors signing  Omar Folkes who was sent on with sixteen minutes to go looked an excellent acquisition causing problems against one ofhis former clubs and nearly set up a third goal but Jake Baxter had his shot blocked. Mention must be made of Eddie Dines who had a tremendous game and also got a nasty whack in the face. Well done to the Team and Management on an excellent afternoon’s work.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC :  Joe Tupper, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Tenny Adebowale, Eddie Dines, Callum McNaughton, Quincy Rowe, Danny Bassett(Omar Folkes), Chace O’Neill, Mike Dixon(Jake Baxter),Billy Dunn(Sandy Cunningham), Dan Clements. Unused subs Ollie Bennett, Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, Eric Mbangui, Juevan Spencer.Match

Report by Ian Bullock