Members of the Ryman Football leagueL

Sponsored by the KNK Group

Follow the Terrors on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks to: Ian Bullock, Bondy, Dave McCann & The Near Post for all your help.

Contact us HERE

Home The Club Season History Fanzone

Tuesday 10th November 2015




Tooting can count themselves unlucky not to get something out of the game and can claim that they are not getting the rub of the green with vital decisions especially in home games. The Terrors created a good chance in their first attack with Jake Baxter having a shot cleared off the line. Three Bridges then  took the lead in the 12th minute with a goal from the impressive Sam MacVicar who cut in from the left and rifled in a fierce shot. United were very unlucky not to draw level in the 26th minute when Chace O’Neills free-kick hit the inside of the post and rebounded to Serge Mafoko whose close range effort was brilliantly saved by the visitors keeper. Right on half-time Jake Baxter had a shot deflected just wide.


The main talking point and controversy came after the break in the 47th minute when Matt Price was brought down in the box for a stone wall penalty it seemed  but to the amazement of the Tooting faithful it  was waved away by the officials. This was to prove costly as three minutes later Three Bridges scored their second goal in the 50th minute through Dan Mobsby who was left unmarked in the area and he duly fired home. Tooting created several chances in the later stages of the match the best of which was a Sol Pinnock free-kick which brought a superb save from the  keeper as it was destined for the net. The team needs to be more clinical with its  finishing, tighten up at the back and reproduce their excellent form on the road to improve their disappointing home league form.

Tooting & Mitcham United : Matt Pierson, Jordan Wilson, Gavin Quintyne, Adriano Moraes, Antonio Simeone, Kurtis Pykes, Matt Price, Chace O’Neill, Jake Baxter(Sol Pinnock), Gareth Chendlik(Michael Salako), Serge Makofo(Sol Patterson-Bohner). Other subs not used Ashley, Robinson, Will Hutton.

Report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 14th November 2015





There was a  minutes silence before  the game following the tragic events in Paris. The match was a very entertaining one with both sides creating numerous chances on a wet and windy afternoon but played on a excellent surface(well done to Groundsman Bryan Nicholson and his team)  and a draw was probably a fair result although either team could have won it. It was also the Terrors first draw of the season. Walton opened the scoring in the 17th minute with a goal from Aaron Watson after some careless defending by Tooting and soon after they could have added a second but for a smart  save by home keeper Matt Pierson denying Andre Scarlett. On the half-hour Ashley Robinson fired in a good effort but the Swans keeper Jack Howard was equal to the task, at the other  end Jack Battie saw his corner bounce off the United woodwork to safety. Our ex player Shawn Lyle then had a chance for the visitors but fired straight at Matt Pierson. With time running out in the first half Tooting drew level when the hard working Jake Baxter swept home a Gareth Chendlik cross. Then a minute later Ashley Robinson shot over after a well worked move.


After the break with the wind behind them the Terrors began to put pressure on the young Walton defence and Ashley Robinson, Jake Baxter and Serge Makofo who hit the post all came within a whisker of putting Tooting ahead. The Swans were very dangerous on the break and had a couple of good opening’s  but failed to take advantage  and went close again when Jack Batties free-kick crashed against the home bar. In the 85th minute United had a chance to win it but Matt Price shot over from close range and that was that a point for each side.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd : Matt Pierson, Jordan Wilson, Gavin Quintyne, Adriano Moraes, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Ashley Robinson(Kurtis Pykes), Matt Price(Michael Salako), Chace O’Neill, Jake Baxter, Gareth Chendlik, Serge Mafoko. Other subs Harry Knock, Sol Pinnock, Adam Faith.

Match report by Ian Bullock

Saturday 21st November 2015





A freezing cold, windy afternoon at in-form Faversham was always going to be a tough ask for Tooting but, despite an early scare, it was the visitors who took the lead via the penalty spot.  A superb move, instigated by Matt Price, was abruptly terminated by the culling of Chace O’Nielll in the box.  After having his first spot kick ruled out for a lunatic encroachment by Gareth Chendlick, Jake Baxters nerve held to convert again second time around.

In a match dominated by off sides and a picky referee there was little in the way of flowing football on display. Tooting did not seriously trouble home keeper Godmon once in open play but, whilst the home team were generally in control of proceedings, it was only two minutes of Anthony Gormley level defending that enabled them to find the net.

Kurtis Pykes had a chance to double the lead on 21 minutes, but ballooned his shot, from a Matt Price cross, high over the bar.

Matt Pieersons first serious test required a low dive and a strong right hand to push a powerful free kick beyond the post, but he had little chance to salvage anything from the statuesque defending that gave King far too long to pick his spot and fire home from a low left field cross.

Things nearly got worse shortly before the break when series of comic book routines involving first Sol Patterson-Bonher and then Pierson was kept out only by virtue of Kings failure to hit the target, his shot cannoning back off the crossbar.


The luck ran out immediately after the interval as Favershams first raid was rewarded with a cool finish by King. Tooting pushed to get back into the game, winning several corners but only managing to dirty Godmons gloves with a tame effort from Mafoko. A triple substitution for the home side quietened further resistance, although Chace O’Neil did get a shot in, passing a foot or so over the corssbar, just before the end.

The afternoon ended on another downer with the last minute dismissal of Jordan Wilson for a second yellow card offence.

Team: Matt Pierson, Jordan Wilson, Gavin Quintyne, Adriano Moraes, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Kurtis Pykes, Matt Price(Leon Lalor-Dell), Chace O’Neill, Jake Baxter, Gareth Chendlik, Serge Mafoko. Other subs Harry Knock, Cristiano Neto, Sol Pinnock, Adam Faith.

Match report by: The Terror

Tuesday 24th November 2015

London Senior Cup


Baxter (3, 1 pen), Price(2), Chendlik



Tooting progressed to the next round of the London Senior Cup winning this ten goal thriller. It took the Terrors only six minutes to go in front with a Jake Baxter penalty and two minutes later the excellent striker scored his and United’s second, Matt Price heavily involved in both goals. Any thoughts that the visitors were just going to lay down were quickly dispelled as they were level three minutes later with efforts from Tom Garrick and Ola Rabiu.

Matt Price and Jake Baxter who were a constant threat to the Town defence both went close and then Jake saw an effort hit the woodwork and go ever. The Tooting pressure paid off in the 37th minute when Jake Baxter repaid the earlier compliment  by setting up Matt Price to score his first Terrors goal.


After the break Erith scored in their first attack when United keeper Matt Pierson parried a shot and Tom Garrick fired in to make it 3-3. On the hour Tooting were ahead again when Matt Price scored with a low drive after the industrious Chace O’Neill showed his never say die spirit to win the ball and Matt did the rest.

In the 63rd minute Town’s Ola Rabiu had a good chance but sliced it wide, Matt Pierson then proved what a fine shot stopper he is making two brilliant close range saves. Jake Baxter then completed a deserved hat-trick first hitting the post but was quickest to get to the rebound and rifled in. Four minutes later substitute Gareth Chendlik got in on the act blasting in a fierce shot into the roof of the net.

In the closing stages the Terrors had to play with ten men after midfield general Chace O’Neill limped off after a heavy challenge, having already used all three subs. With virtually the last kick of the game Tom Youngs scored the Dockers fourth goal. Credit to  both sides for providing a feast of attacking football with defending going out of the window.

Tooting & Mitcham United : Matt Pierson, Jordan Wilson, Gavin Quintyne, Adriano Moraes, Cristiano Neto, Kurtis Pykes(Ashley Robinson), Leon Lalor-Dell(Gareth Chendlik), Chace O’Neill, Jake Baxter, Matt Price(Chester Clothier), Serge Mafoko. Other sub Adam Faith.

Match report by: Ian Bullock

Saturday 28th November 2015





The day started with an immaculately observed one minute silence, following the passing of our former English International centre forward, Micky Browning, who passed away earlier in the week.

After a fairly quiet first quarter, Tooting took the lead when a long through ball was deflected into the path of Jake Baxter, who ran through to score with ease. Just prior to the goal, Brannon O’Neill narrowly missed the target for the visitors with an attempted back heel. Both sides were having trouble mastering the windy conditions, but the Terrors should really have increased their lead when Serge Makofo intercepted a pass from Jordan Clark, glided past two defenders and then shot narrowly wide.

Eight minutes before half time, Brannon O’Neill broke through on the right, only for Matt Pierson to dive and prevent the cross reaching the onrushing Worthing forwards.


The visitors had the better of the possession in the second half, and looked particularly dangerous on their right flank. Gavin Quintyne was having a particularly hard time trying to counter the pace of Will Hendon, probably the visitor’s most impressive player. The Terrors still looked dangerous on the break but were unable to obtain the second goal which may well have sealed the victory.

Our defence without two regular central defenders was standing firm, and Matt Pierson in goal was having his best game since joining the club. The introduction of Bash Alimi for Serge Makofo was a welcome site and strengthened central midfield. Chace O’Neill, Tooting’s best player on the day, had a fierce drive saved by Rikki Banks in the Worthing goal and then Jake Baxter missed an excellent chance to double the lead in the 72nd minute.

We were made to pay just seven minutes later when Gavin Quintyne trying to foil yet another Hendon run, was judged to have fouled the flying winger and Omar Bugiel scored from the spot. We were then put under tremendous pressure in the last 10 minutes and on two occasions made goal line clearances. We could however have won the game in the last minute when a fierce drive from Leon Lalor-Dell produced another fine save from Banks.

Team: Matt Pierson, Jordan Wilson, Gavin Quintyne, Ashley Robinson, Sol Patterson-Bonner, Kurtis Pykes, Matt Price, Chace O’Neill, Jake Baxter, Gareth Chendlik (Leon Lalor-Dell), Serge Makofo (Bash Alimi).

Report by; Heather Jackson

Wednesday 2nd December 2015

Surrey Senior Cup





Tooting progressed to the 3rd round of the County Cup with a hard fought win over a spirited Redhill side. The first chance of the game fell to the Terrors in the 16th minute when Chace O’Neill was fouled in the box, up-stepped Jake Baxter but his spot-kick was saved by the Lobsters keeper Jindrich Volkaty. United however took the lead in the 29th minute when a Serge Makofo cross was slotted in by Matt Price.

Two minutes before the break it was 2-0 when Gareth Chendlik headed against the bar but Jake Baxter following up scored easily. On the stroke of half-time Chace O’Neill had a strike well saved.


At the start of the second half Redhill put on some pressure Aaron Murphy hit the post and Matt Pierson made an excellent block. Tooting replied with a Serge Makofo drive which was just off target but in the 63rd minute Jake Baxter picked up a loose ball and fired home to secure the tie. Leon Lalor – Dell then raced onto a through ball and scored with aplomb but was adjudged offside. A minute later former Terror Andrew Dalhouse tested Matt Pierson with a stinging drive and Matt Price hit the post from a corner. In the end a comfortable victory for Tooting but credit to the home side who gave a good account of themselves.

Tooting & Mitcham United : Matt Pierson, Jordan Wilson, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Adriano Moraes, Antonio Simeone, Bashiri Alimi, Matt Price, Chace O’Neill(Kurtis Pykes), Jake Baxter, Gareth Chendlik(Leon Lalor-Dell), Serge Makofo(Ashley Robinson). Sub not used Cristiano Neto-Goncalves.

   Match report by Ian Bullock

Saturday 5th December 2015




Folkestone continued their good record against the Terrors with a 2-0 victory at a breezy KNK Stadium. With Jordan Wilson suspended Ashley Robinson slotted in at right back. The visitors had early chances but Scott Heard blasted wide and Matt Pierson saved well from Jordan Wright. It was only temporary respite as Folkestone went ahead in the 9th minute through Ian Draycott  after the home defence had failed to clear  a corner . The Kent side continued to dominate and Jordan Wright scuffed his shot when well placed.


After the break with the wind at their backs Tooting began to create some sustained pressure and Ashley Robinson had a free-kick saved in the 55th minute. Four minutes later a Serge Mafoko cross found Gareth Chendlik in space but he could not direct his header goalwards, United had their best chance midway through the half when a Chace O’Neill cross found Matt Price whose  goal-bound effort brought  a fine save from Tim Roberts in the visitors goal.

In the 73rd minute Matt Pierson was called into action making an  excellent stop to deny Ashley Miller. Ten minutes later the league leaders went 2-0 up but the goal was a disputed one as Chace O’Neill seemed to be fouled moments earlier and there was a hint of offside also. However Ian Draycott  latched onto a through ball and applied a clinical finish. Adriano Moraes then produced a superb tackle to stop the Kent side from going three goals up. Right on time Kurtis Pykes rifled just wide for United. The Terrors need to quickly improve their home league form which has seen them without a league win at the KNK Stadium since early September.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd : Matt Pierson, Ashley Robinson, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Adriano Moraes, Antonio Simeone, Kurtis Pykes, Matt Price(Leon Lalor-Dell), Chace O’Neill, Jake Baxter, Gareth Chendlik(Bashiru Alimi), Serge Makofo. Subs not used Cristiano Neto Goncalves, Gavin Quintyne.

Match report by: Ian Bullock